Tackling the challenge of avoidable blindness
Together with our partners we are tackling the challenge of avoidable blindness on all fronts. Browse and find more about the various activities and methods used to restore and improve vision in our communities. From surgical operations to providing the right equipment, AFAB is committed to fighting avoidable blindness.
is an eye disease caused by a build-up of protein that clouds the eye’s lens, which can lead to blurred vision and eventual blindness.
is an eye disease caused by pressure build-up in the eye, damaging the optic nerve that connects it to the brain. If it’s not treated in time, it can cause irreversible blindness.
is an eye disease caused by high blood sugar and high blood pressure: over time, this can damage the blood vessels in the back of the eye.
result in an unfocussed image falling on the retina, causing blurred vision of different types. For Uncorrected Refractive Error (URE),
The equipment delivery will cover treatment of cataract, uncorrected refractive error, glaucoma and diabetic retinopathy
The training will consist of master training courses for faculty members, short-term training courses for eye health team, and long-term training courses for ophthalmologists and eye nurses through the provision of scholarships. The existing regional training centers will benefit from capacity bu...
- Islamic Solidarity Fund for Development (ISFD)
- Arab Bank for Economic Development in Africa- BADEA
- Azerbaijan International Development Agency (AIDA)
- Project C.U.R.E.
- Direct Aid
- Light For The World
- Secours Islamique France
- Human Appeal
- Institut d’Ophtalmologie Tropicale d’Afrique (IOTA)
- Nadi Al Bassar
- Al Bassar International Foundation
- Al Ekhlas Foundation
- Al Nouri Foundation
- Al-Najat Charity Society
- Tunisian Agency for Technical Cooperation ATCT
- Brazil Africa Institute
- Sheikh Zaid Foundation and The Moroccan Medical Association for Solidarity
- Doctors Worldwide
- Ethis Ventures/Crowdfunding
- FIMA SAVE VISION
- Government of the Republic of Turkey
- IHH Humanitarian Relief Foundation
- International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness (IAPB)
- International Islamic Charity Organization
- International Islamic Relief
- Moroccan Association of Medical Solidarity
- Palestine Cooperation Agency
- Prevention Blindness Union PBU
- Qatar Charity
- Rahma International
- Turkish Red Crescent Society
- University of Health Sciences